ABOUT THIS PRODUCER:
Teyssier is one of the last dry-cured meat producers in France to still use traditional techniques. Its rare expertise was recognised by the Living Heritage Company label in 2012, and renewed in 2017.
Perpetuating ancient traditions guarantees exceptional product quality:
- The meats are trimmed with a knife to remove the nerves as finely as possible.
- Embossing in natural casing determines the shape and weight of the sausages. Unlike artificial casing, this technique enhances the development of flavours during maturing to produce a unique, authentic end taste.
- The cases are hand-tied according to traditional production methods.
- The dried hams are hand-salted with lard and Ardèche PDO chestnut flour to enhance aromas and create a soft texture.
- The hams are dried on wooden frames to ensure intense, oaky flavours emblematic of the Maison Teyssier brand.
The unique flavours of Teyssier products have earned the brand numerous awards over the years. Since signing up to the Paris International Agricultural Show in 2008, Teyssier has won 24 medals, including three bronze medals and one gold medal in 2019.