Perrine’s Wine Shop is looking for an enthusiastic wine sale professional. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone serious about sales and customer service within an enjoyable industry! Your role as a team member will be to serve each and every client with expertise, friendliness, honesty, and hospitality.
Here at Perrine’s Wine, we believe that everyone should have access to good wine, regardless of experience or budget. Our team is made up of a passionate group of wine drinkers who feel that discovering and drinking good wine should be both easy and compelling, without any sense of intimidation or pretension. To us, good wine is produced in a sustainable and environmentally friendly way, reflects the place from which it comes, and tastes downright delicious. Furthermore, sourcing good wine for our guests goes far beyond simply curating bottles.
We work to provide impeccable hospitality to each of our clients, working specifically with each individual need to curate the best experience possible. At Perrine’s Wine, we strive to connect people who are driven by passion, quality, hospitality, and hustle. We believe that the best way to achieve that is through building a dedicated team of professionals who are committed to learning, growing, and setting goals, while also surpassing them along the way.
What You’ll Be Doing:
Work with other team members to ensure that all customers receive exceptional service throughout their shopping experience
Provide wine recommendations and help customers choose the best wine for their personal taste, gift, or event
Make customers feel welcome and at home in our store
Act as a representative of our brand; help educate and excite others about our mission and values
Floor maintenance: main floor, shelf maintenance,
Receive inventory and place in adequate order on the shelf and bin or other storage area.
Help with local deliveries
Assist with in-store events; setup/breakdown & service and virtual event
Desire to learn about wine, work hard, and develop with our growing company
Good organizational skills and an eye for detail
Great at communicating clearly and effectively (in person, on the phone, and via email) with both customers and other team members
Dedicated to making people happy/exceeds customer expectations with a great attitude while being a fantastic and fun team player
Self-starter with energy to spare
Ability to easily lift and move 50lbs (wine is heavy!)
Must have a valid driver’s license
Minimum 1 year working in a customer service environment around wine, either in a restaurant or retail capacity
- Must be 21 years old
- Recommend and sell wines to customers
- Maintain proper inventory quantities on the sales floor
- Assist the Wine Manager with teaching educational wine seminars to the public
- Promote, setup, and administer in store wine tastings
- Maintain wine-serving equipment
- Maintain the appearance and sale ability of the wine department.
- Must have outstanding customer service skills and be a team player
- Maintain standards set forward by company
- Must have availability to work at least some weekends and holidays
- Adhere to company dress code and main professional appearance at all times
- Positive attitude, self motivated, polite, energetic and is a willing learner
- Accurately process all types of retail and e-comm transactions:
(General Sales, Pre-Arrival Orders, Wine Club Enrollments, Customer Profile Updates)
- Perform store opening and closing procedures
- Review wines for our Website and Monthly Newsletter
- Attend staff education sessions and on/offsite events as requested
- Computer savvy, photoshop a big +
- Must be able to stand and walk around the store 8 hours each day.
Proficient in Microsoft Windows, as well as Word and Excel. Proficient with web browser and email applications.
Advantage will be given to people with a background in wine and with computer skills. Position is 40-45 hours per week.
Employment offer would be contingent upon successfully passing a criminal and DMV background screen. Must provide references. Do not call or fax resume. Send it to [email protected]